Slider

Mother-Daughter Journaling.

Tuesday, June 9, 2015


Jordyn and I have a pretty open line of communication but journaling with each other is a way of continuing to keep that line of communication open while also creating something written memories I can keep and give to her when she's older. 
This is such a fun simple idea that I stumbled across on Pinterest. 
I just bought a simple journal from Walmart for about 2 dollars.
If she has something she wants to write to me about, she writes it and leaves the journal for me to find  ( either on my bed or on the kitchen counter.) When I read it, I write her back and leave it on her desk or bed. Our notes range from small things like little drawings and questions such as "whats for dinner?" to deep thoughts, heavy questions, and secrets. 
I debated on sharing a few pages from the journal but I decided it is something i'd rather keep private and just between us. 
It's also a great way to work on penmanship and keep building Jordyns love for writing. 

My hope is that because we have such an open line of communication at a young age, that when she gets older and has more heavy topics to talk to me about that she just can t find the words for, she will be comfortable writing it to me. 

Do you and your kiddos have any special ways of communicating? I'd love to hear!

Xo, Jeanice :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan