Slider

Jordyns hair regimen.

Friday, July 11, 2014

I've been asked recently what products i use for Jordyns hair, whats her hair regimen etc. I'm no natural hair guru, i'm no expert i just know what works for my daughter. So, I'm going to lay it out as best i can. I'm not going to go into detail because this post would be way too long. if you would like a review of any products that you can't find online please email me and let me know. THECONFIDENTKIDPROJECT@GMAIL.COM



Shampooing:
 I usually don't wash Jordyns hair with shampoo. I've been doing it more this summer because she's been swimming and playing in dirt. I love co-washes but, sometimes her hair is really gross and needs to be seriously cleaned. When i do use shampoo it is usually only every 3-4 weeks. 
For shampoos i use Miss Jessies Super Slip Sudsy Shampoo or Shea Moisture Curl&Shine Shampoo . I use these in rotation depending on the needs of her hair at the moment. 


Co-wash:
 A majority of time i use a co-wash for Jordyns hair. I probably co-wash every other week. When i do, i use either Carols Daughter Carols Daughter Hair Milk Cleansing Conditioner or As I Am Coconut Co-wash 
(both of these are not pictured because i ran out and we're going on vacation soon so, i'm trying to use products i have and save money!)
Instead of a picture of the products, which you can see by clicking the link….enjoy this drawing of this super cute little natural. It brought a smile to my face. :)

img cred: google.

Conditioner: 
I only comb Jordyns hair when it is saturated with conditioner. And a majority of time i finger comb. Her hair is SUPER thick and it causes her pain if i don't. The conditioners i use most are Tresemme Naturals and Shea Moisture Curl and Shine Conditioner I usually saturate her hair in conditioner and finger comb. When i rinse, i leave a little of the conditioner in as a leave in.


Deep Condition: 
Heres the thing….i usually don't deep condition her hair. She just isn't the sit still with a cap on her head type of kid. When i do attempt to deep condition it's almost always an all natural conditioner that i whip up in the kitchen. Usually involving honey, avocado, eggs, and mayonnaise. Theres not too much  detail i can go into here.

Again, instead of a product photo, how cute is this painting?
image cred: etsy

Leave-in conditioner:
We use the LOC method to moisturize Jordyns hair ( liquid, oil, cream. ) It works for us. I think i go overboard on the leave in, but we live in las vegas where the heat is almost always in the 100s during the summer so, its justified. My favorite leave in right now is Miss Jessies Leave In Condish with a close second being Mixed Chicks Kids leave in conditioner . When i want a heavier leave in, i use Elasta Qp olive oil and mango butter anti breakage leave in conditioner. That leave in is very thick and heavy so i mainly use it when i've slacked off on keeping up with moisturizing. In her spray bottle i mix water, aloe vera juice and leave in and spray her hair with that before applying the leave in on its own.


Oil: 
 After i apply the leave in, i apply oils. In her spray bottle is a mixture of olive oil, avocado oil, and castor oil. I use a spray bottle because otherwise it gets everywhere. I just spray the mixture directly onto her hair and rub throughout her hair with my hands.


Cream moisturizers:
After the oil, i apply a cream moisturizer. For the most part i use Miss Jessies Baby Buttercreme . I also use Dark and Lovely Super Softening Hair Butter and Elasta Qp olive oil and mango butter moisturizer ( not pictured because i think it may be under Jordyns bed and i refuse to go under there. Theres no telling what i will find.) 


Styling aids:
For twist outs i use Miss Jessies Curly Pudding or Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie


For wash n go's i use Miss Jessies Pillow Soft CurlsMiss Jessies Multi Cultural Curls, and Miss Jessies Jelly Soft Curls. Pillow Soft Curls is my Holy Grail and i will swear by it until i die. lol.



When her hair is pulled back into any ponytail or bun i use ORS Smooth and hold pudding and African Pride Silky smooth edges . I used to use Eco-styler olive oil gel but found that it make Jordyns hair dry and caused her hair to have white flakes and tons of build up.


To smooth fly aways and combat frizz i use Carols daugher Mimosa Hair Honey
I don't have a photo because we're out.

Happy Friday!

Xo, Jeanice


2 comments:

  1. I love this post so simple and informative. Your doing a wonderful job with your baby girls hair and it seems like your doing what works best for her forget them gurus!lol! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan