Slider

Review: Miss Jessies Baby Buttermilk.

Saturday, April 11, 2015


I feel like its been forever since i've had the time to write a legitimate, long blog post. I recently went back to work so my free time went from minimal to non existent. I realized that I actually really love writing this blog so, i've promised myself that I will make the time to do it.  So, first things first. I've received a ton of emails and DMs on instagram with a bunch of questions and I pinky promise I will write posts about all of the questions i've been asked. Pinky promises are a pretty big deal in our home.....just so you understand my level of dedication. 

Anyway, on to the review. It was requested (times 3) that I give more information on the new Miss Jessies Baby Buttermilk. I don't have all the answers but I can tell you how it has worked for me so far. 


The Baby Buttermilk is a lighter version of the Miss Jessies Baby Buttercreme ( which is one of my all time favorite moisturizers/ stylers.) Perfect for Spring/ Summer.

It does a great job moisturizing as well as bringing out curl definition.  The buttermilk is very light weight, very similar to the Pillow Soft Curls. 
I've only used the Baby Buttermilk a handful of times but I really like it so far and Jordyns hair seems to soak it right up. 
Its important to note that it also plays very well with other products. I've been having some problems with products not mixing well in either mine or Jordyns hair and leaving white flakes which is gross. 



WHAT THE PACKAGE SAYS TO DO: 
To moisturize and refresh your hair daily, squeeze a dab of Baby ButterMilkTM into the palm of your hand, rub hands together, and coat your hair section by section or apply all over hair shaft at once. Baby ButterMilkTM is a great daily maintenance moisturizer. Excellent for refreshing natural styling daily used in connection with any Miss Jessie’s styler(s), including Miss Jessie's Pillow Soft Curls®, Quick Curls®, Jelly Soft CurlsTM, Multicultural CurlsTM Curly PuddingTM or Baby Buttercreme.


Ingredients:
Water (Aqua, EAU), Glycerin, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Acetylated Lanolin, Crambe Abyssinica Seed Oil, PEG-­‐ 100 Stearate, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Fragrance, Ceteareth-­‐20, PEG-­‐8 Dilaurate, Glyceryl Stearate, Dmdm Hydantoin, Panthenol, Cetyl Alcohol, Carbomer, Aminomethyl Propanol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Disodium EDTA, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Butane, Potassium Sorbate, Butane, Sodium Chloride


Obviously its no secret that Miss jessies products contain some ingredients that bother people. I'm not here to argue whether or not to use a specific ingredient or to steer you in one direction or another, i'm just here to give you my opinion. If the ingredients bother you, then of course, I would suggest steering clear from it. 



I used the Baby Buttermilk here, on wet hair with an old wash and go. 


and here with dry hair on a flat twist out.


And here on dry hair for a banded twist out. 

Miss Jessies Baby Buttermilk is great to use on wet and dry hair. 

I would suggest not to use too much. A little goes a long way with this product. My first time using it I used way too much and it made Jordyns hair feel sticky. I washed her hair out and re-used it, using just a little and it made a great difference.  There was no greasy/sticky feeling when I used the product correctly and it hasn't created much build up after re applying for about a week and a half now.

This product is a pricey, as are most Miss Jessies products, it runs $21.49  for 8.5 fl oz. 

I'm almost positive that the Baby Buttermilk is only available at Sallys beauty supply. Don't quote me on that but I think I remember seeing something on the Miss Jessies instagram page. 

Anyway, you can purchase it HERE

If you've tried this product let me know what you think!!

Xo, Jeanice :)

2 comments:

  1. Great review! I will be purchasing this to help maintain and grow out my big chop. I love pillow soft curls btw (: -Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. They do this by holding a stuffed toy or a towel under their head and utilize it as an improvised head rest. kids pillows

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan