Slider

Toy ransom box

Monday, April 13, 2015

My child seems to think that I am her personal maid.
She's been doing great with chores lately, as we've just recently implemented a more structured approach to them. I will blog about it in the coming weeks as its just in the beginning phases and I want to make sure I stick to it. I'm a big softy sometimes and let things slide when it comes to chores. 
I'm holding out though. 

Recently however, i've become more and more annoyed with having to constantly remind the kid to put her toys back in her room when she's done. 

While browsing on Pinterest I came across this post HERE 

what a brilliant idea, a toy ransom box. 
I decided to create my own. I created my own personalized label with an app on my phone. I wish I knew how to create printables for you guys, I totally would have done it. Work in progress. Don't worry. I'll figure it out. 

I printed the label out on normal paper and then used a Scotch self-sealing laminating pouch to laminate it. 


I used jumbo popsicle sticks and wrote different chores on each one. Here are some examples of the chores I used:

clean under bed
20 push-ups
30 jumping jacks
dust living room.
wipe down kitchen counters.
clean under couches.
read a book.
5 math problems
scoop poop.
etc..


Of course you want to do chores that fit your household. You also want to give a time length that you know will work for you.

This is such a fun and easy way to get kids to pick up after themselves. Even now, Jordyn is begging me to let her do a chore so she can get her toys out. 

How do you get your children to pick up after themselves? 

Xo, Jeanice.




No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan