Slider

DIY shirts!

Wednesday, April 22, 2015



What seems like a million years ago I was asked to share how to make these shirts. 
I'm a jerk and I didn't have time to get around to it until now.......10 years later. 
I suck..

Anyway, this is honestly super simple! 

 I used iron on transfer sheets. I got them at Michaels and they were 14.99 but I had a 50% off coupon , whoo!

This pack comes 10 transfer sheets for light fabric and 10 sheets for dark fabric. The dark transfer sheets leave a white background so I didn't use them, I only used the light transfer sheets for this project.

This brand of transfer sheets comes with a free design website that you can use to create your images. 


You can choose to use the free images provided or you can upload your own. 



Once you upload your image you can choose what type of item you are working on and what size. This helps you get a visual of how big the image will be once printed.

Once you are satisfied with your design you can print.

MAKE SURE BEFORE YOU PRINT THAT YOUR IMAGE IS MIRRORED, or flipped in reverse. It needs to be printed in reverse in order to show up correctly on the shirt. 

When you load the transfer paper into your printer, you want to make sure you only load one sheet at a time. Make sure that you load it with the matte side facing upward. The glossy side with the yellow line should be facing toward the back. 
( this only applies to this particular brand, i'm not sure how it works with other brands of transfer paper.)


Once your image is printed, cut around the border so that you don't have very much edge. 


Now is the time to play with placement. Figure out where you want your images to be. If you're printing one large image, this will be easier. 


Place your shirt on a hard surface, set your iron to the highest setting and DO NOT use steam. Iron over your transfers for about 90 seconds total. Let it cool before peeling the backing off. 


Thats it! You're all done!!
so cute right? And super simple. 
The transfers are permanent and machine and hand washable. 



I hope this helps! Let me know if you make any items for your little ones. I would love to see!
Xo, Jeanice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan