Slider

Camille Rose Naturals Curl Maker review.

Tuesday, September 16, 2014


Camille Rose Naturals was nice enough to send me a bottle of their NEW Curl Maker formula to review. If i'm being completely honest, I never even knew about the old formula so I don't really have anything to compare it to but according to Camille Rose Naturals, their old formula caused flakes. We didn't experience any flaking with this new formula at all.



I currently have marley twists in and did not try to product on myself. I used it for a wash and go on Jordyns hair and while Jordyn wasn't a fan of the smell...( she really only likes VERY fruity smells.) I found the smell of the product very light and kind of citrus-y.

The product claims to eliminate frizz, moisturize and define curls. 

The directions state to section soaking wet hair with fingers and distribute from root to tips of your hair. Re-wet sections that are drying. Finger style and let air dry.



I tracked down an ingredients list for their old formula:

Dionized water, glycerin, pectin, coco nucifera(coconut )oil, panthenol, equisetum arvense (horsetail) extract, urtica dioica (nettle) leaf extract, althaea officinalis (marshmallow) root extract, aloe barbadensis leaf juice , agava americana leaf extract, punica granatum (pomegranate) seed oil, oryza sativa (rice) bran oil, PEG-40, hydrogenated castor oil, xanthan gum, tocopheryl acetate (vitamin E), cyanocobalamin (vitamin B-12), acrylates/C10-30, alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, aminomethyl propanol, pheoxyethanol, caprylyl glycol, tetrasodium EDTA 
and LOVE.

and here is the ingredient list for the new formula:

Dionized water, pectin, coco nucifera(coconut )oil, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, panthenol, ricinus communis (caster) seed oil, althaea officinalis (marshmallow) root extract, agava americana leaf extract, equisetum arvense (horsetail) extract, urtica dioica (nettle) leaf extract, corn starch, xantham gum,  chondrus (seaweed) crispus, polysorbate 20, tocopheryl acetate (vitanin E), cyanocobalamin (vitamin b-12), phenoxyethanol (optiphen nd) caprylyl glycol, fragance (parfum) and LOVE.

For those of you that would like to compare :)


The consistency of the product itself is amazing. It's a thick gel....I mean, THICK. I could squeeze it onto my hand and hold my hand upside down without it moving at all. I really like the consistency, i'm not really a fan of thin gels...because Jordyn and I both have really thick hair. 


Jordyns hair is naturally REALLY frizzy. Its just frizzy no matter what....I love and embrace her frizz but I honestly have not come across a product that can "eliminate" the amount of frizz she has. I was VERY pleasantly surprised with the Curl Maker because it left her hair with very minimal frizz. 

In comparison to another product that we used in the same way, Miss Jessies Jelly Soft Curls, this product provided a better hold and much less "crunch" to her hair. It left her hair soft and bouncy but still provided a nice hold and great definition. 

Curl Maker defined Jordyns curls nicely. This is probably one of the most defined wash and go's she's had. The photo above is day 2 hair and her curls are still very defined and there is still very minimal frizz but still a great hold. Jordyn even said "MOM THESE CURLS ARE LASTING FOR DAAYYSSS" 

another great thing is that there aren't any harsh preservatives, silicones, or mineral oils in this product. 
Also, all Camille Rose Naturals products are hand crafted and cuelty free!
That scores extra points in my book. 

The product is a little pricey at 22.00 dollars for 12oz BUT it is worth it considering how i've purchased MANY products to try to reduce frizz and this one is the only one that kind of conquered that task.....i'd say it was worth it. 

Overall, I see this product becoming a staple in Jordyns hair regimen. The shine and frizz elimination really won me over. 





I was really happy with this product and I look forward to trying more Camille Rose Naturals products. 

If you've tried the new curl maker formula I would love to hear your thoughts on the product!!

Camille Rose Naturals is available at select targets and whole foods and can also be purchased on the 
Camille Rose Naturals website HERE

Xo, Jeanice


No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan