Slider

I AM phrases

Thursday, July 24, 2014

I was awake at 4 am this morning, I have really bad anxiety attacks and sometimes, they keep me up at night. Anyway, I was watching Dr. Phil and the segment was about "problematic children". There was a teenage girl on the show that had very little confidence and lacked self esteem. Dr. Phil stated that her mother needed to help her develop a better internal dialogue.

The thing is, this is what i'm always saying. Teach our children to think and speak highly of themselves and they won't rely on others to think and speak highly of them. 




Our inner dialogue has an undeniable effect on our attitudes and ultimately the path our lives take. Positive self talk will help our children embrace and love their individuality. 

Our thoughts our powerful tools that will either work with us or against us. It is important to teach children to speak and think positively of themselves. Teaching children to use "I am" phrases at an early age is a great way to encourage the use of positive affirmations and help develop an effective internal dialogue. children developing self confidence are vulnerable. When negative self talk begins and will ultimately tear down any ego or will to try and learn that the child has. 

Growing up brings a lot of doubt and failure to our children, comments from bullies, friends, loved ones and teachers can tear down even the most confident of children. 

I AM phrases are positive statements about who we are, what we can do and what we can become.
Having your child repeat after you every morning before they have to go out and face the world will give them an extra boost of confidence that will stay with them throughout the day. 


I AM NICE.
I AM GREAT.
I AM BEAUTIFUL.
I AM SMART.
I AM FULL OF GREAT IDEAS
I AM UNIQUE
I AM STRONG.
I AM GOOD AT ( jumping,climbing,flipping,swimming etc)
I AM A GOOD FRIEND.
I AM DOING THE BEST I CAN.
I AM FULL OF LOVE
I AM PERFECT THE WAY I AM.
etc….

encourage your children to repeat these phrases anytime they feel like they doubt their ability or lack confidence in any area. These phrases will become their invisible shield. Repeat them with them at bedtime, repeat them in the mornings, repeat them until they become second nature to your child. 

This is such simple but highly effective confidence boosting tool.
It is however, important to keep self talk positive. Negative self talk will tear down and destroy our children. 



Xo, Jeanice








5 comments:

  1. I live by this with my children.....love this post..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the blog, keep up the great work! I have implemented many of your strategies with my daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is almost automatic that when someone hears this phrase, they mentally ask if you mean "can't" or "won't" which are both negative.  mootools

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan