Slider

Favorite co-washes under 10 dollars!

Thursday, June 11, 2015


Co-washing is short for conditioner washing. It means cleansing your hair with a conditioner instead of a shampoo. It's purpose is to keep the natural oils of the hair while still gently cleansing it. It's one of my favorite things to do to our hair since we live in a place where the air gets really dry and the heat is so intense our hair and skin takes a brutal beating. Co-washing makes sure I give our hair extra attention without constantly stripping our hair of the oils that it needs.

Lots of companies offer co-washes these days ranging from gentle cleansers to clarifying co-washes. Which co-wash you choose really just depends on your needs for your hair. For us, I like to keep it light, and cheap. I don't use co-washes for clarifying. I mainly use them for added moisture.
Here is a list of my favorite co-washes or conditioners I use for co-washing that are cheap and easily found at all drugstores. 

Tresemme Naturals conditioner. Love this conditioner. You can get it for around 5 bucks and you get loads of product for that price. Super moisturizing, lots of slip, and the ingredients are pretty clean. I've used this as a leave-in as well as a co-wash. 

Aussie Moist conditioner. This one is around the same price as the Tresemme Naturals. They both feel the same in my hair but the Aussie Moist helps more with detangling. It also makes Jordyns hair a tad bit shinier than Tresemme Naturals does. 

Aussie Moist 3 Minute Miracle Moist. Ok this is my ALL TIME favorite conditioning treatment. It's priced in the 3 dollar range. I also have used it as a co-wash when I was out of all other co-washes and was pleasantly surprised. It's super thick and ultra hydrating. 

As I Am Naturally conditioning co-wash  You can get this product for 6-8 dollars. I love how it cleanses my hair but doesn't strip my hair. My hair just glides through my fingers after I use this products. You get a lot of product for the price but it can go quickly if you have a lot of thick hair. It also comes in a tub which i'm not a big fan of. 

Cantu Shea Butter Conditioning Co-wash This co-wash is also about in the 6-8 dollar range. This is the most stripping co-wash I use. Although it was stripping my hair was still really soft and detangled easily. I use this one sparingly as I don't really like my hair to feel stripped but I do like how clarifying it is. 

I don't believe in paying over 10 dollars for a co-wash so these are some of my favorites. They are easy to find and do a great job. Just goes to show that you don't have to pay a high price for great hair care. 

Xo, Jeanice :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan