Slider

Favorite websites for 7 year old

Sunday, June 14, 2015

I got an email asking me if I knew of any good, FREE websites for elementary aged children. I've been asked this question a few times before and I realize that even though there are plenty of lists of "good websites" for kids out there, a lot of them are not so great. 
When i'm looking for a website for my daughter to go on I want something that is of course educational but also easy for her to navigate. I look for something that is user friendly that my 7 year old doesn't have a hard time figuring out. I also look for websites that are free and have little to no pop-ups that she can accidentally click on. 

So in order to answer the question i've been asked a few times I figured I would share the websites Jordyn goes on and actually enjoys. 


This is Jordyns favorite website to go on. It's free and super easy for her to work on her own. The games are all educational but also fun enough her to want to play for long periods of time. 


This website has a science based curriculum. The information is super kid friendly and interesting. 


What kid doesn't love pbs kids? Jordyn loves playing the Wild Kratts, Curious George, and Word Girl games. Very easy for children to navigate and use on their own. 

This website is not only fun and colorful but the lessons and games are designed to help build upon what kids should already be learning in their current grade level so it is really helpful to those who need extra help outside the classroom.




Jordyn is really into science,space, and animals. Discoverykids.com allows for her to learn all about that in a way that is easy for her to understand.



Scholastic.com is actually really similar to pbskids.com. They feature a lot of the same characters but they do offer a different variety of content that Jordyn enjoys.

So these are our top picks. 
The websites that Jordyn goes on constantly and really enjoys. I wanted to give you guys a longer list but to be truthful a lot of those 'free' websites out there are hard for children to navigate on their own, are filled with pop ups, ads, or push their paid content on you. Some websites offer small portions of their websites for free and then prompt you to pay to access the rest of the content. These six websites are all free and very user friendly. 
There are other websites that are great but require a subscription. ABCMOUSE.COM is great for younger kids. SMARTYANTS.COM is amazing and Jordyn loves it but the subscription prices are high for those. 

What are some of your favorite websites for your elementary aged children? I'd love to know!

Xo, Jeanice :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan