Slider

simple Summer learning binder and FREE PRINTABLE!

Friday, July 10, 2015

Hey guys! Happy Friday! 
I received an email from a super sweet mama asking if I had tips on how to organize her daughters summer workbooks so that she actually does them. I figured I would just share that answer here. 
A large part of our learning is hands on in the summer. We do a lot of science experiments, visiting museums...stuff like that. Jordyn learns best when she's engaged in activity. It helps to figure out your childs learning style so that you can figure out what works best for them. 
Aside from hands on learning we do written work as well. I keep everything organized in a simple 3 ring binder.

I like to keep her written work simple, like I said, she's a hands on learner. 
 The inside of the binder is divided by day. I just used some washi tape to make it more colorful.

Everyday we have a new number and word of the day. I printed these off of Pinterest and I honestly cannot remember what link I got it from. *credit to original creator*


We do one page of each subject a day. I like to keep it well rounded so that she doesnt get tired of doing one subject over and over. I also like to correlate our science/world worksheets with little experiments or documentaries on Netflix that go along with whatever we are learning that day. 

In the back of the binder I have pocket folders that I keep extra printables or anything else. I really like to keep our binder simple. Otherwise she won't use it.


I get most of the worksheets I keep in her binder from workbooks that I have bought. The get ready for second grade book is from Costco but all other workbooks are from the Target dollar spot or Dollar Tree. 


That really is it. Very simple and to the point. That is just how we organize our worksheets. I'm curious to know how you all learn in the summer?



I create the cover of Jordyns binder and I also created a Free printable for you guys as well. Click HERE to print it.
Xo, Jeanice :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan