Slider

Let's talk leave-in

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

I like to keep a super simple hair regimen. I'm talking 1-2-3. DONE.
 I actually like to keep a super simple regimen for everything. I spend maybe 30 mins max getting myself ready most days. That includes shower, makeup, and hair. 
I'm the same way with Jordyn. I like to keep her getting ready regimen as simple as possible as well. Our hair is what usually takes up most of the time, I can slap on makeup in 5 minutes and be done, but the hair takes time.
 I typically like to cut out any extra steps in our hair regimen that I feel aren't super important and while i've cut out a few things, one thing I absolutely cannot cut out is leave-in conditioner. 
I know there are some people who question the importance of a leave-in. Some people consider it an extra unnecessary step, so why would someone who loves cutting out extra steps insist on it? 
Because our hair NEEDS leave-in for the moisture, nourishment, and preventative aids it provides. 



 Luckily, Jordyn and I have almost identical hair textures and I find what works for me, works for her and vice versa.....I don't know what I would do if this weren't the case and I had to buy 2 different sets of products.
Lots of people use regular rinse out conditioner as a leave in and that is totally an option for some. For us, it doesn't work. Rinse out conditioners are designed to have products stick to the hair strands which leads to product build up. I've noticed that when i'm too lazy to do the leave-in step, that my hair turns white and flaky really fast when adding other products to it. Whether or not you need a leave-in conditioner is totally up to you. For us, it is a necessity.

These are some of our favorite leave-ins that work in both of our heads:

Curls Unleashed Leave-In conditioner by ORS  The smell of this product isn't my favorite but i'm willing to get passed it because I love love love how soft this makes our hair feel.It is infused with vitamin E, shea butter, coconut, and olive oil and is VERY moisturizing. I mainly reach for this leave-in when our hair hasn't been combed through in a while because it makes detangling a breeze. 

Dark and Lovely Anti-shrinkage slick slip leave-in  I can't speak for the anti-shrinkage properties of this product but I do love the slip and shine it gives. It is almost water-like. It's infused with mango oil and bamboo milk and smells delicious. I use this mostly when i'm refreshing our wash and go's because it isn't a thick white cream so I don't have to worry about having white product build-up showing throughout our hair. 

Miss Jessies Leave In Condish This is actually my FAVORITE leave-in. I would reach for it every single time if the price were lower.lol. The smell is very laundry fresh like, which can be a little weird for some but I like it. It has great slip and although it's super light weight, it packs a big punch. Our hair is always soft, shiny, manageable, and easy to detangle after using this product. 

Cantu shea butter leave in conditioning repair cream This is another favorite. It's made with pure shea butter plus other natural oils. It's super thick and very hydrating. I love it. My only problem is that it does not play very well with a lot of other products so I have to be careful with what products I use with it. 

Shea Moisture jamaican black castor oil leave in. This leave-in is great. I really love it. It does a great job of moisturizing and hydrating our hair. The slip is incredible. The shea butter and Jamaican black castor oil aid in moisturizing and promoting healthy hair growth. The only thing that stops me from reaching for it more often is the fact that the consistency is so runny. If it came in a tube and was the same consistency I would have no complaints. 

Aussie hair insurance leave in conditioner spray This spray is great. The smell is awesome and it is very affordable. It is a light weight spray and I usually use it as a quick refresher if i'm running low on time and just need a quick moisture fix. My hair looks/feels as if i've just washed it after using this product. 

Every hair type is different so remember what works for us may not work for you but the main thing to consider when choosing a leave- in is that a great leave-in can and should help eliminate frizz, boost curl definition, give shine and provide moisture. 









No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan