Slider

D.I.Y FRIDAY: CELL PHONE CASES USING DECO FRENZY DECORATING MOUSSE

Friday, July 29, 2016

Happy #DIYFRIDAY ! 

Last week Jordyn and I made these super adorable phone cases using Deco Frenzy decorating mousse.
I picked these up at Michaels . The sweet shoppe cell phone cases pack was originally $14.99 but I used a 40% off coupon!..I also picked up the extra pack of pastel decorating mousse colors for $7.99.

This stuff is really pretty cool, the decorating mouse is like a light whipped....well.....mousse, for lack of a better word,  that hardens over time to permanently set any decorations you add on top of it. It's really fun and easy and you can pretty much decorate any hard surface you'd like. The decorating kit I purchased came with 2 cell phone cases; iPhone 5 and a galaxy 5s ( we didn't use that one, instead I used a plain plastic iPhone 6s case I had for my phone.) along with tons of stickers, jewels, and trinkets to decorate with. 

The mousse comes in a packet very similar to those decorating frosting packets so you can just squeeze the mousse onto the phone case. The mousse packet has a star type decorating tip but Jordyn and I found it a little hard to actually get the mousse to come out as a star...maybe it's user error but it just didn't work for us. Instead we went kind of just squeezed the mousse onto the phone cases and swirled it around a little, making it look fluffy and cloud like..
Then we just added our stickers and charms...sprinkled some glitter on and let it dry overnight!
The box says it should be fully dry in 1-2 hours but to let completely set for 24 hours.

Happy crafting!
Xo, Jeanice 
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan