Slider

Natural hair: daily moisturizing with refresher sprays.

Wednesday, July 13, 2016


You all know by now that Jordyn and I have been protective styling most of the summer and I think the question I get asked most often is
 " How do you maintain moisture while protective styling?"

First, let me start by saying that we live in Vegas where the average temp during the summer is 100 degrees. It's very dry and very hot. Protective styling or not, daily moisturizing is a must! 

Because it's not always an option ( read: aint nobody got time for that.) to DIY a refresher spray or to take down Jordyns hair every time I need to moisturize, I rely heavily on quality sprays with decent prices that I can pick up from the store 
. As the name suggests, refresher sprays typically do just that...they refresh and revitalize your hair by giving them an extra boost of water and nutrients. These types of sprays are typically something water based followed up with ingredients dedicated to moisture and hair health. 
Refresher sprays are holy grail for me but it did take a while to find sprays that provided the moisture I wanted while also not creating too much build up or flakiness. 
These are my fave!:



All of these are tried and true for me. They don't rapidly create flakes or build up, they have a range of hair happy ingredients from wheat protein and Neem oil to flaxseed and coconut oil. Refresher sprays are great for revitalizing your second, third, or fourth day hair, when you're protective styling, and when you just don't have time to soak in the shower.

Xo, Jeanice
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan