Slider

Rosemary vinegar rinse for hair

Monday, August 15, 2016



As you all know, i've been protective styling my hair for almost the entire summer and while I love it, my scalp gets really dry and itchy resulting in me having dandruff from scratching. I starting doing a lot of research on what I could do to eliminate the dryness and I came across some information about using a rosemary tea rinse on your hair! 
I found through my research that rosemary is really one of the most beneficial herbs for your hair. In addition to containing anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties, which is great for reducing itchiness and dandruff, rosemary is also said to stimulate and improve circulation to the scalp which in turn, encourages hair growth. It is also great to improve shine and gently cleanse the hair. 
I came across multiple ways to create a rosemary hair rinse but the one I settled on contained apple cider vinegar. ACV rinses are really popular among the natural hair community because it is extremely clarifying and helps to remove build up without stripping the hair completely. ACV also helps to leave hair shiny, improve body and definition of curls, and stimulate the scalp. 

So, your armed with all your information and now you're ready to make your hair rinse, so lets get started!
WHAT YOU NEED:
Fresh rosemary. 
Apple Cider Vinegar. 
Water. 
Pot for boiling.
Container for storing your rinse. 

WHAT YOU DO:
1: Start by bringing a big pot of water to boil, how much water you use is up to you. I would recommend making a large batch and keeping the excess for future use. 

2: Add a couple bunches of your fresh rosemary and turn the boiling water down to a simmer. Let simmer for 20-30 minutes. ( Your house will fill with the most amazing rosemary scent...bonus!)

3: Turn your boiling water off and let cool completely, remove your rosemary and strain water into a bowl. 

4: Add 1-4 tablespoons of ACV per each 8 ounce of water you used and stir. Experiment to find what your hair likes best. Typically, dry hair likes less and oily hair likes more. 

5: Pour into a container that has a lid for storing. 

HOW TO USE?
I use this rinse about twice a week in the shower, since I don't wash my hair with my twists in I will rinse my hair in warm water and then pour the rosemary rinse through my hair and then let it air dry. I don't rinse it out, ( the vinegar smell will go away once dry and you'll be left with the most amazing rosemary scented hair.) 

If you're using this on your natural hair...cleanse your hair as normal and follow up with your rosemary rinse. Again, don't rinse out.

A FEW TIPS:
1:Store your rinse in a bottle with a squirt top, making it easier to squirt directly onto your scalp.
2:  Store your rinse in the refrigerator. While I love the feeling of the cold rinse on my scalp, some of you may not. If that's the case, either make your rinse right before you're about to use it or remove it from the fridge and let it come to room temp before taking a shower. 
3: Always make enough for multiple applications, that way you don't have more to make more each time you want to use it. 

Xo, Jeanice 


CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan