Slider

Brush talk: Denman and Wet Brush

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Hey guys!
I know.....i've been lacking.....again! 
Life just happens and I love to live in the moment so my blog tends to take a backseat. 
I've been getting loads of questions though so I pinky promise to do better. 


First up i'm going to talk about brushes I use on our hair because i've gotten quite a few questions about it. 

Now, please remember that can't tell you which brush will work best for you. These are just what work for us. 

I use 2 different brushes. The Denman brush and the Wet Brush. They are both really amazing brushes that serve 2 different purposes for us. 

Lets talk about the Denman first.
I have the 7 row Denman brush and I got it for about 11 dollars at Sallys. The Denman brush is heavier and has thick nylon bristle which I love. 
I did not modify my Denman brush as i've seen some other naturals do. I left it as is.
 I actually do not use this brush for detangling. I use it for giving curl definition. Whenever i've tried to detangle with this brush it is always a struggle getting it through my hair. 
I always wondered if maybe it was user error but upon further research I found that this particular brush is actually not meant for detangling. It is in fact, meant for definition and styling. Denman actually has brushes specifically meant for detangling. 
That explained a lot. I mean, I know some people get it to work for them as a detangling brush....it just does not do it for me. 
I still love this brush and reach for it often for the definition it does give our hair though.

Now, on to the Wet Brush. 
I got my Wet Brush from Target for about 12.99
The Wet Brush bristles are a lot thinner than the Denman bristles.
I didn't think that this brush would actually detangle our thick hair but I figured there would be no harm in giving it a try. Jordyn is forever going to be grateful for this brush. She loves it and sheds no tears when it comes time to detangle. I couldn't believe how easily the brush could glide through her hair. Its like.....magic. 
This brush is said to be used on both wet and dry hair although I haven't tried it on dry hair and can't speak on how well that works. All I know is this is a detangling magic wand. 
I do have to say that I like the curl definition the Denman gives better than this brush but, that is to be expected since the Denman is meant for defining the hair I suppose. 

 Jordyn says " this brush is beautiful. It is the most greatest brush in the world because its soft on my hair." LOL. 


So you see, we love both brushes for different reasons.  I typically reach for the Denman AFTER detangling if we are wearing a style where I would prefer our curls be better defined.

Have you guys tried either brush? Which is your favorite?

Xo, Jeanice 

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan