Slider

Natural kids protective styles: Faux Loc Crotchet Braids

Thursday, November 3, 2016


Jordyn is a huge fan of her curls. She's not however, a huge fan of me doing her hair all the time and honestly, its hard balancing time for hair, school, home life, extra curricular activities, and work. Thats why this school year we've been LOVING protective styles. Particularly, crotchet braids because they are SO simple and SO fast! And I mean come on, look how cute they are!

I did these faux loss over 2 days. On day one I cleansed and moisturized Jordyns hair using the Eden Bodyworks Eden Kids Line ( I will be doing a more in depth review on these products when I get a chance to try them all!)
I used the Berry Natural Detangling shampoo and added moisture with the Berry Natural Moisture Milk + Berry Natural Leave-in Detangler ( both smell absolutely AMAZING!)

I detangled and pulled her hair into 2 low buns for school which allowed the hair to air-dry and stretch  a bit so that her curls weren't so tight while I was braiding. 

I used a straight back braiding pattern because i'm not the best braider. ugh...I wish. lol. 
I actually referenced this Youtube video for a braiding pattern and then tweaked it a bit for Jordyns longer hair and my minimal braiding skills)
 
On her scalp I used Just For Me Hair Milk Soothing Scalp Balm to keep her scalp moisturized and prevent it from getting to dry. 


The hair itself was purchased from The Beauty Supply Warehouse and is the Zury Kids Genie Loc hair. I paid 3.99 a pack and used 6 packs.
 I love this hair. Its super soft and lightweight. It also comes with adorable loc jewels.
I always make sure to let my hair soak in a apple cider vinegar/water bath to pull out any chemicals that may cause itching or irritation at the scalp....do this the night before so the hair is dry when its time to install it. 
The install, including braiding, took about an hour and fifteen minutes which is amazing!


 Her last crotchet braids lasted about 2 and a half weeks, these will probably hold up for the same amount of time. 

Jordyn and I both love her new faux locs, let me know if you decide to try any crotchet styles on your little ones!

Xo, Jeanice :)



CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan